Bicycle Repair Basics
For ages 12 -17
Sessions begin: Monday 12th April (2.5 hour each).
An introduction to bicycle repairs giving you the fundamental skills, knowledge and confidence to get started. You will cover a basic whole bike service, covering the following areas;
- Seat and steering; how to position the seat and handlebars
- Wheels; how to remove a wheel from the bike, replace an inner tube, and refit the wheel correctly.
- Drivetrain; how to check for wear and tear of the chain and cogs, clean and lubricate the chain, as well as tighten the cranks and pedals.
- Brakes; how to check the condition of the brake pads and cables, lubricate the brake cables and adjust the brakes.
- Gears; how to check the condition of the gear cables, shifters and derailleurs, lubricate the gear cables and tune the gears.
You can bring your own bike, or alternatively we will supply a bike to work on. All the required tools and equipment will be provided on the day. Please ensure that you wear closed shoes and old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
Instructors are Glen and Dom – Learn more
This program is funded by a Reimagining Health Grant by VicHealth.
April 12th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
April 13th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
April 14th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
April 15th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
June 28th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
June 29th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
June 30th 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
July 1st 10am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
5 per workshop. Ability to put up wait list.
$0 / Free
This session is funded by a Reimagining Health Grant by VicHealth.
11 Mills Close, Footscray (just at Footscray Park near VU)
Information required when receiving booking:
- Student name
- Email contact
- Guardian’s contact details
- How did you find out about the program?
More questions? Then get in touch via email HERE