Are you aged between 12 and 18 years and looking for something fun to learn these school holidays?
You don’t need any experience to join, just the motivation to learn.
In this workshop, learn the ins and outs of bicycle anatomy, including how to:
- position your seat and handlebars
- replace a wheel, inner tube, or tyre
- check for the wear and tear of your chain and cogs, and lubricate them
- tighten cranks and pedals
- check the condition of your brake pads and brakes cables, adjust and lubricate
- check the condition of your gear cables, lubricate them, and tune your gears.
You can bring your own bike or we can provide one for you to work on.
What past attendees said about our workshops
“Fixing Bikes is kind of like being a mechanic”
“It was great fun and educational”
“Meeting new people and doing something new”
“Having the one on one experience and learning a bunch of new stuff about bikes”.
How to book
You can easily book tickets online.
It costs $60 per child. Or if you book more than 1 ticket, you get a $10 discount per ticket.
What to wear
Make sure you wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
Visit the Community Bike Hub website to meet Glen, one of the workshop instructors.
Or, visit the Pedal Cyclery website to find out more about Chris and the teAm.